Sunday, November 26, 2006

I miss my flip flops...

I really do. My feet were not made for shoes!

I miss not worrying if I had enough layers on to stay warm enough throughout the day.

I miss "young missionary worship night" at our house.

The other day I was washing Thanksgiving dishes, and I remembered Boaz, the guy we had hired to help us keep house. He was so amazing, sweet & a Godly man. I didn't mind doing the dishes. But doing them made me think of him, and I missed him.

I miss the beautiful sunny mornings, and doing yoga in my room after I woke up.

I miss the kids very much...

______________________________________________


I love the brown, yellow & red leaves.

I love building a big fire and keeping it going all day.

I love anticipating the snow fall here in Prineville and hearing about it piling up on the mountain.

I love Starbucks (here in Prineville!).

I love my huge Christian family here in the Northwest.

I love spending time with my mom. Shopping, making dinner, watching movies, and deep conversations about life.

Kenya and the States are so different. But parts of my heart can be found in both countries. Right now I am back in the place where I am from, wondering where God is taking me next. I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait. Probably the longest one yet. But I'm ok with that. I really am. ;-)

Right now, this is all I've got... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alita,

Thanks for getting me plugged into your blog. My friend from Ethipia keeps telling me that I need to go with him the next time he goes back. His friend Desta is a missions school director in Durame, Ethiopia. Hey when you get to Portland, I'll have to take you to the Blue Nile for some Ethiopian Cuisine.

Cheers,

Casey

Laura said...

Oh, this was so sweet. It's good to hear from you. I love you and I miss you Liets! I'll be home the 19th through the 3rd at Christmas. I hope we can get together then. I have so much to tell you, and there's loads I need to hear from you I'm sure.

Love you,

Lala

Anonymous said...

I wonder the same thing sometimes. It is so hard for me to get plugged back in here in the states, when my heart is in Uganda.